Hi!! friends, today is Sunday and I'm in a very good mood. As told in the last post, I will give you the recipe for the banana mash. It's a very simple and a very tasty dish that can be prepared without any special kitchenware.
Ok... let us proceed and get our hands wet :-)
Minimum requirements: Half dozen ripe bananas, jaggery.
1. For every banana, take 2 tea spoons of jaggery. Therefore, for half dozen banana, you would have around 150 to 200 grams of jaggery.
2. Now, after peeling off the bananas, break (not cut them) them into 2 halves.
3. Put the bananas in a bowl and mix them with the jaggery. Mix them with your hand (like you mix rice with sambar) and mash them together.
4. Add half cup of cold milk and 5 tea spoons of honey.
5. Sprinkle some raisins, finely cut cashews and don't forget the diamond kalkandu for that kadak-modak effect.
1. Take 2 ripe mangoes and peel off the skin using the regular vegetable skin remover.
2. Cut the fruit and mix them with banana. Add some more jaggery too.
3. Add raisins, cashews, diamond kalakandu, milk and honey etc.
4. Add any other fruit you want. Seedless dates is a good option.
The banana-cum-mango mash is now ready. Tastes good with roti, chapathi and poori. Make sure that you have banana or mango for this preparation.
Slurp!!! the taste is too goooood :D I can't to wait to finish it off.