Monday, October 30, 2006

A Rainy Experience

At a time when its raining so heavily these days.... at a time when our shirts and trousers take days to dry away.... and at a time when we even have to press our underwears with hot iron to dry them up... and also at a time when roads are water logged, one must necessarily be covered from head to toe with the best of raincoats so that you don't get soaked up.

So what happened today was that I was ambling my bike slowly through the traffic at a signal. The place was flooded and I had to move beyond the stop line. The signal fell green... me being pissed off at the very little road space available, accelerated the bike to the full possible speed and ran whooosh!! over the water. People next to me were completely drenched. Most notable was a lady, riding pillion, who had no kind of raincoat on her. She got wet from top to bottom. Her husband got angry on me and what followed was a bike race he he he... !!!

The main problem during rainy seasons is that, water gets logged at some places and driving over them creates some nuisanse. But what if the water doesn't recede from the center of the road? There is no other option but to drive over them. There is no point in shouting at the riders driving over the water. For that point, even I got drenched yesterday and since I was wearing a rain coat, I escaped ;-)

Moral of the Story: Buy a raincoat during rainy seasons.


:D