Friday, February 16, 2007

8th Standard Adventure

I was in my 8th grade ok... and there was this doom(amn)ed subject called Social Science. So much so that I used to fail, without fail, in that subject in every possible grade. But magic happens atleast once every year... they promote me to next grade by making me pass in social science. Don't ask me how.

Ah! Coming to the point, a small incident happened during the 8th grade that makes me laugh if I remember it even now.

It was one of the routine special classes after school hours for me. Myself and 4 others who were perennial failures in social science, were waiting in the class for the Sir (teacher) to come. He tucks away the textbooks under his arms and walks like a fat doll to class... the very sight that would make us go ROTFL. Coconut hair oil would leak from his hair and as he walks near our class, all the guys would identify him through the distinct stink that encircles him all the time :)

That fateful day, as usual, he came to our class. All the 5 of us sat on separate benches. The minute he walked in, he announced, "Dei.. today civics 1, 2, 3 lesson test da. I come in 10 minutes da. If not all writing test, you get beating da. I coming back in 5 minute. You all start study da." So saying, he left the class and promptly came back in 5 mins. I was sitting in the bench that is straight opposite to the teacher's bench. As soon as I sat down, I started laughing. He noticed it and told, "Dei.. once more you laughing, I hitting you." But ofcourse, the laughter hadn't died down and the other 4 guys were so curious as to know what was happening.

Soon, one of them threw a pen near my desk (yup! that same old trick), came near and asked me why I was laughing. I told him, "Machi, sir zippu podla" (Sir hasn't zipped his pant) and he went ROTFL. Soon, the other 3 guys also came to know... and we all were laughing like hell. Now, the sir also got curious. When 5 of them are laughing, there ought to be some reason and so he questioned us.

I gathered a little enough courage and amidst my laughter, told him that he had forgotten to zip his pants. He face became tomato red... hands cold... expression changed to a cold stare... bits of anger popping up... but we were still laughing. He looked down, looked up again.. smiled.. and then zipped it up. LOL! No test that day and you know what, when he came to class the next morning, the whole class laughed at him he he he... !