Saturday, May 06, 2006

Netbeans Day at San Fransisco

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Got this amazing email from netbeans.org today morning. It contained an invitation for attending the Netbeans Software Day at San Fransisco and the main reason for me being sad is that I cannot attend it :(( :((

The piece of news is, the opening keynote is by the new CEO of Sun, Jonathan Schwartz and by Tim Cramer, Senior Director of Java Tools. The closing keynote is by the Father of Java, James Gosling. And look at the two awesome tracks!!

1. Developing Applications for the Enterprise & Beyond - Focusses on Java EE and ME
2. Developing Client Applications - Focussess on creating netbeans modules, client apps etc.

The first portion is what interests me so much because I have been working on mobile applications for the past 2 months (project) and trying to integrate java with .net whereever possible. Attending it is free, 100% free. The freebies also look attractive. They are giving away Netbeans Field Guide, 256 MB usb drive, t-shirts (as usual) etc.

:(( I can't attend it. Now, don't look at me like that. By the way, my tech blog has some new posts on creating Java ME applications using Netbeans.